Sunday 8 April 2012

Thinking outside the box

The Rich are oppurtunists, always on the lookout for peoples's problems because they want to be the solution. They see oppurtunities where others see problems. Towards the eve to the Easter Hollidays, my boss ask me to look around for a location to spend his Easter in Nigeria. Now this was a tough one. Given the hieghtened insecurity and the renewed threat of bomb attacks, I knew my search for a location was limited. I got a break when a friend of mine in the tour business sent me a proposal for a boat tour on Thursday 5 April, 2012 and the take off time for the boat cruise was on 7 April, 2012. I spread the word fast and even though the cruise had to be cancelled (on Saturday 7 April) due short notice, but I was happy someone saw a need and reached out to meet that need. As for my boss, he took a trip to Western Nigeria to see a water fall and enjoy his holliday. It has been said that if all of the worlds wealth was distributed equally amongst the citizens of the world, within the end of this same year, the wealth will redistribute itself to its initial owners. I do not know how true this theory might be, but my gut feeling tells me that to a large extent, the wealth would redistribute itself to some of the previous owners and to new intelligent and risk taking Entrepreneurs. During the occupy Nigeria uprising in January 2012, in the following days of the assembling of protesters and sympathisers to the anti-government fuel pump price increase, there was great need for food and water in these gatherings. It was rather amazing that while some complained of the Governments insensitivity to the plight of the Nigerian people, others took advantage of this same gathering to meet the needs of the protesters albeit at hiked prices. Satched water were sold for as much as N20 instead of N5, and snack like Gala were sold for N70 instead of the usual N50. Now the question is, what do you see? If you truly want to be the next big thing in life, then you must be prepared to see needs instead of problems. You must take each problem as a challenge to produce something positive. When you see drought, think of water supply. When you see famine, think of food supply. Ask yourself, how can I solve this problem. Refuse to join the masses. Stand aloof and see the boundless oppurtunities that abound in the masses. Take time out to think, think solution and quit complaining. Wealth is available to you. Cease the oppurtunity. Till we meet again, keep winning.
David Chiaka Follow me on Twitter: @MrChiaka

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting article and how so true.
    if i continue with this blog,hhmmmm

    ReplyDelete