Wednesday 30 November 2011

The Will To Succeed

"Life is not a race. It is not a 100 meters race, it is a journey" Pastor Moji Isaacs





A long time ago, I worked with an Uncle of mine in 1994 (I had to spend 2years at home as I awaited my NYSC call-up). I remember clearly as I left the office and reached the famous Mushin bus stop. I remember how I stood still and watched the mad  rush that characterizes this mega city called Lagos.


The rush was unbelievable. People maneuvering through ice cream sellers, on coming buses and other people. I just smiled to myself as I strolled to the bus park.


I have often wondered why people rush so much in this city. The Bus drivers rush, the cab men rush, everyone rush-rush. Well, I have always said this to myself, "nobody drives home and takes the road with him".

It really isn't how far but how well. To succeed in life, there is a place for patience. You must have a teachable spirit. What I mean is, you must have an attitude to learn. Learn from those who have succeeded. Ask yourself - "how did he/she do it?" Do not be in a hurry to join the rat race.

Who says you have to put in 10 years of active service to be the next best thing? If you learn from those who have gone ahead of you, it means your success rate doesn't have to take that long.

You may also have to learn those things you have a silent passion for (acquire a skill or improve yourself academically). Did you know that the late Steve Jobs (The Apple founder) had a passion for Calligraphy? He actually took time to study this, and this was part of the secret recipe for the Apple I phones.

Did you also now that The Late Steve Jobs was also sacked as CEO of the Apple corporation? Well The Board hired him again and he took the company to new hieghts.

I say this, the will to succeed is in you. Failure is not an option.
Learn from the best, improve yourself by acquiring or pursuing your secret passions and never fall down and out. Until you bring out the best in you, never let go. Keep going, find what you love doing and keep going to you get it right and till you are perfect in it.

Till we meet again, remember this, failure is not an option.




David Chiaka

No comments:

Post a Comment