Monday 28 November 2016

Nigerians are not fantastically corrupt




Permit me to recall this phrase by the deposed PM David Cameron of Britain which I think Mr President- Buhari should not have accepted.

It just dawned on me that this year 2016, I met with only 15% of my clientele to consummate actual financial transactions.

If you understand the travel business, you will know that each transaction culminates to hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Now, do you know what it means to speak with clients in Owerri, Abuja, Kaduna, Lagos, PortHarcourt, USA, Canada, Nairobi et al and receive funds from them (without physical contact)?

That is trust.
Some did lament about cases of fraud but that was just 0.5 out of 100.

My point is this, do not be deceived by the crowd of Politicians that loot the common wealth of Nigerians.

Of course you have to be careful when doing business in Nigeria. But above all, we are not all corrupt. Many of us are dependable.

I have never been a beneficiary of "money miss road" or free money.
I have earned every penny I make.
So I avoid money doubling schemes that defy common sense/financial logic.

In all, Nigerians are relentless (I know, I am). And we still trust each other to commit funds to people with whom we do not even know how they look like.

So do not be afraid of Nigeria or Nigerians.
We truly are good people, in a great nation.


No comments:

Post a Comment