Sunday 16 September 2012

Moving Forward

"Greatness is not achieved by never falling but by rising each time we fall" - Confucius

I was previledged to accompany my wife this saturday to the Lagos Island market. She had been called up to do some supplies the day before. As we made our way to collect money from an ATM machine for the purchase of the listed items, I couldn't help see a convergience of different races all around me.

I was jolted into this realization when I observed a Chinese man on the ATM machine queue,  then I saw the Hausa fellows accross the street trying to buy or sell some foreign currency. This pressed on my curiousity to look out for what more I could find.

Then I saw the Ibo shop owners who seemed to know where everything we needed was. As we smiled and pressed through the market, Yoruba women beckoned o us to come look into thier shops. Who knows how many more people reached out to us (tribes unknown).

In all of this, I was inspired that besides whatever challenges these people may have faced the night or day(s) before, they left it at home and instead reached out to us for patronage.

I advise you that in all that you do today, be optimistic. look on the bright side of life. Hey! It could have been worse, but guess what! It can be better.

So keep your smile up and reach out to make that sale.
Till we meet again, keep winning



Twitter: @MrChiaka

No comments:

Post a Comment