Thursday 21 November 2019

Opium of the mind



I have seen sons torn from their mothers.
I have seen daughters separated from families.
I have seen family bound in love separate through fear.
I have seen bloopers
I have seen anarchy
I have seen wars.
It was meant for good but men in its infinity dementia turned it for evil.
Its name is religion.
In its crux is love but in its use is a weapon.
Christianity, Islam, Hindu, paganism call it whatever.
If it is used to install fear and to divide, it is evil.
Be careful who you listen to.
Even them whom you revere use it.
Know where the line is drawn and stand firm in your belief.
The mother who nurtured you in your infancy cannot be a witch in her old age.
Your father who bared his back to the sun to protect you cannot now be the source of your misfortune in your old age.
Your spouse is yours to protect.
Do not let side talks and false prophets seven you poisonous dishes.
Your destiny is yours.
Caper Diem

No comments:

Post a Comment