Saturday 5 December 2015

My Response to Dele's Matyrisation of Nnamdi Kanu



I agree with most of what Dele Momodu has said in his piece on the matyrisation of Nnamdi Kanu (quite ironic of me though). I do not support this agitation because the Igbo tribe is not being marginalized. Nigeria has a common problem and it is corruption. Our elected officials have looted our resources and it applies in each state in each region (North, East and West).

From Governors, to Senators (all elected officials). Nothing is done to develop their lands (states). They loot with no remorse and when caught, they fall sick, travel abroad and send us gloomy pictures of ill health.

I heard enough about the war of 1967, I do not want a war for 2 reasons, firstly, both sides will loose fathers, mothers and children and secondly, which is most important- I believe there is no justifiable reason to take up arms.

The Igbo's need to direct this anger to their Governors, Senators, Commissioners and state Legislators. They have plundered their resources so why are they agitating?
Besides an Easterner just ruled Nigeria in the person of Goodluck Jonathan so you just had a term. Whether he is Igbo or not is irrelevant. the same way it doesn't matter to the Igbo whether a Katsinan or Maiduguri person is president. We all in Nigeria see in primary colors of North, West and East (until governance drops on our laps, then tribal issues surface).

As for the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, the Federal Government of Nigeria are in order to have arrested him. Let us not be biased  in our assessment of the situation on ground. Inciting violent separatist movement is an act of treason anywhere in the world. Asking for guns at the World Igbo Congress is on another level.

How would the world perceive the non-arrest of Nnamdi Kanu? They cannot be perceived to be weak and let him walk around Nigeria upon arrival. I would have expected that the Government would have issued an extradition notice to the UK Government but alas, I understand we the Nigerian people are not there yet. A northern President forcefully repatriating an Easterner? (I shudder at the thought).

I ask one question, how would the British or US government have handled violent separatist radio broadcasts? Would they have waited till the broadcaster was home sick and returned of his own volition or would they have tracked the radio signals, block it then pull out his dossier and air his dirty laundry (financial and personal) to discredit him? Dear Dele, it is possible to track and block these signals, if you do not know, please visit CC Hub in Yaba, Lagos. It will amaze you what the much discredited Nigerian Youths are doing with the internet.

When you align yourself with gerontocrats, you get old and redundant ways of doing things.

To ask for a referendum will not cut it. Its a chance even I would not dare request. Not at this point where Biafra sympathizers have increased enormously. I recall the plight of the children of Israel who asked for a King and Samuel cried saying they do not know what they are asking for. I ask most agitators, "who will lead you"? Is it Ikedi Ohakim who looted billions of Imo funds, is it Orji Uzor Kalu who plundered Abia state with vengeance or Peter Obi who was supposed to carry the Igbo peoples mandate under APGA but preferred the pot of PDP gold?

Who is credible enough to lead? Wait, don't tell me it is Nnamdi Kanu? Lets not go there.

I believe the Biafra movement should be towards economic development of Igbo land and it starts with DEMANDING accountability from its elected officials.

What did they do with the security vote allocations because I do not see lights and CCTV cameras.
What did they do with the allocations for road because the roads I visit every year is in deplorable condition.
How have they harnessed the tourism potential of their states or Agriculture or I.T. or health care. Which will I ask and which wil I leave? We need figures (naira and kobo).

As for Nnamdi Kanu's arrest, lest I be libeled a Judas by my kinsmen, for political reasons, the Government may need to convene a meeting with him and key Igbo leaders and ask what the grievance is? To release him back to the system will be a dire mistake. Listen to him along side MOSSOB, Ohaneze Ndi Igbo and other Igbo groups, once the left and right wing opinions align, chances are the Government will have a balanced view of the Igbo grieviances, after which resolutions can be made and this volatile Biafra situation averted.

This is my honest opinion on how to handle this crisis. Talk now because if war starts, we will still talk to quell things down. I do not want any widows or Kwashiokor pictures of children making the headlines on CNN or BBC.

I want peace talks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment