Thursday 3 December 2015

The Fixer PT2




The first call came by 8pm on Wednesday 2nd December. I had spent the entire day battling the infamous Lagos gridlock in search of 10 Limousines for a client. Ajah is not my favorite of places.

My caller needed a fare from Bangkok to Abuja. I was just too tired as I entered my apartment by 11 midnight.

Then the rain of calls came in from 12:25 midnight. A client from Total Nigeria had been told of "The Fixer". His brother was about to be whisked away into the gallows of a Bangkok cell for reasons unknown. He was not ready to have his little brothers head cut off over a bogus drug charge so all he wanted was to get him out of Bangkok to Lagos as fast as possible.

With one hand searching through my reservation portal and another hand holding my phone to my ear and calming my albeit agitated client, we did it.

Itinerary was sent to the distressed traveler in Bangkok to reassure the immigration that help was here. He had just been dispossessed of all his FX (remind me to be extra careful with Thai Authorities).

In 5mins, funds were transferred, tickets were issued and I had to check the stranded traveler in (after sales service + insurance that all was well at my end).

The Bangkok authorities did not know what hit them. Bragging rights had been earned by my once distressed traveler because some " fixer guy" had made his quick exit pretty easy.

By 1:20am my "Total client" called to ask me what my name was?
I smiled, and in my James Bond voice, I said "CHIAKA... David Chiaka" but you can call me "The Fixer".

True event... Have a pleasant day people and s
tay relevant.

Till we meet again, keep winning.

Twitter: @MrChiaka

No comments:

Post a Comment